Second call for papers (November 15, 2018)
- Joan Bybee (New Mexico)
- Lisa Lim (Hong Kong)
- Monika Bednarek (Sydney)
- Natalia Levshina (Leipzig)
- Raj Mesthrie (Cape Town)
We invite abstracts for full papers, work-in-progress reports, software demos, and posters on any topic relating to English(es); contributions related to the conference theme are especially encouraged. All abstracts (max. 500 words; incl. references) must be anonymous and should clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results. Authors may submit a maximum of two abstracts if at least one paper is co-authored.
Please submit your abstract both for the main conference and the workshops via our conference website by December 15, 2018 (https://icame40.ch/login). Notification of acceptance will be sent out by mid-January.
We have accepted the following pre-conference workshops; descriptions are available on the conference website:
- Big data and the study of language and culture: Parliamentary discourse across time and space (Convenors: Jukka Tyrkkö, Minna Korhonen & Haidee Kruger)
- Languages in time, time in languages: Phraseological perspectives (Convenors: Anna Čermáková, Hilde Hasselgård, Thomas Egan & Sylvi Rørvik)
- Register approaches to language variation and change in English(es) (Convenors: Elena Seoane & Douglas Biber)
- Corpus approaches to social media (Convenors: Sofia Rüdiger & Daria Dayter)
Venue & registration:
The conference will be held at the Faculté de lettres et sciences humaines (FLSH) at the Université de Neuchâtel, on the shores of Lac Neuchâtel. Registration will open on January 15 and early-bird fees will be available until March 31, 2019. More information on fees and accommodation will be available on the website by the end of this week.
For more information on the workshops, venue, and accommodation deals, visit our website at https://icame40.ch/. Feel free to get in touch with us via the conference email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or engage with us on Twitter @icame40 (#icame40).
We are looking forward to seeing you in Neuchâtel!
The local organizing committee
Martin Hilpert, Susanne Flach, Samuel Bourgeois & David Correia Saavedra
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS (September 15, 2018)
We invite abstracts for the following presentation formats:
- Full paper (20 + 10 mins discussion)
- Work-in-progress report (10 + 5 mins)
- Software demonstration (30 mins)
- Poster (incl. a 5-minute presentation in the Special Session)
Abstracts must be anonymous and not exceed 500 words (incl. references). They should clearly state research question(s), approach, method, data and (expected) results. Authors are allowed to submit two abstracts if at least one paper is co-authored.
We accept submissions through our conference website until December 15, 2018. Please go to www.icame40.ch/login to create an account and follow the instructions. Notification of acceptance will be sent by mid-January.
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
We also invite proposals for pre-conference workshops held on Saturday, June 1. If you would like to convene a workshop, please send your proposal to email@example.com by October 15. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by early November. If accepted, workshop convenors will be responsible for calls (deadline: December 15) and peer-review (by January 10).